These days there has been a lot of buzz surrounding the term Remote Monitoring and Maintenance (RMM) also known as Proactive Monitoring. Let’s explore what this term means and how it can benefit not only the technology in your business, but also your business as a whole.
What is Remote Monitoring and Maintenance?
RMM is the act of monitoring your technology systems including servers, networks, and equipment 24/7 providing a view into the health and status of your IT services. This monitoring should produce real-time alerts and reporting in order to detect critical issues so corrective action can be taken quickly or ideally before they impact the business.
What are the benefits of Remote Monitoring and Maintenance for your technology systems and your business?
1. Early Detection: When you have measures in place to proactively detect technology issues you can have the opportunity to correct them before they have an impact on your business. RMM technology can also alert you to performance errors and equipment failures before they have a catastrophic impact on your bottom line, employee productivity, and client satisfaction.
2. Cost Effective: Being proactive about your technology gives you the ability to understand when equipment may be coming to the end of its life providing you the time to budget for replacement equipment. You are also not hit by costly emergency billing rates from IT Service Providers helping you get business critical equipment back up and running. And, finally since you are able to control when you replace equipment you are able to execute a plan to keep your business running smoothly when upgrade or replacing equipment and systems.
3. Employee Productivity: Maximize employee productivity by keeping equipment operational and having the opportunity to plan equipment upgrades during non-working hours. Proactive alerts and warning on how the equipment and software are running on an employee’s computer will help you avoid disasters.
4. Stop Maintaining and Start Progressing: If your IT Service professional is spending most of their time putting out technology fires, they are unable to implement new technology solutions. These solutions may have the opportunity to take your business to the next level, make your employees more efficient, or just provided upgraded software. When you are proactive about your technology you are able to spend less time putting out fires, and more time finding ways to grow and improve your business.
5. Gain Business Insight: Obtain a wider understand of your business, and how each piece of equipment impacts and works within your business. When RMM is implemented into a business a comprehensive technology assessment is completed, so both the business owner and the IT Service professional have an understanding regarding how all of the technology operates within the business. This also provides insight about how the technology may be helping or hindering the business giving you crucial information on how to move forward in reaching your business goals.
Now that you have a clear understanding of what RMM means and how it can benefit your business call your local Computer Troubleshooters expert to make sure you are being proactive about your business technology!